top of page

Founders Hall, formerly the East Blue Hill Baptist Church, was built in 1880 and when, in 2013, the congregation had dwindled to a handful of parishioners, was donated to the East Blue Hill Village Association, a 501(c)3 community organization.


Founders Hall is used for local community events, and is available to other nonprofit groups, and to the general public as a rental space for weddings or other gatherings.  The restoration and preservation of the church building, as well as the modernization of its facilities, is an important ongoing project for the village.

Founders Hall is located at 1282 Morgan Bay Road in East Blue Hill.  There is a large Main Hall and an attached rear room where a kitchen and additional seating area are located.


Features of Founders Hall:

  • Historic 1880 church with restored floors, original woodwork and repurposed pews.

  • 4,500 square feet

  • Flexible seating/dining set-up or open plan option for dancing.

  • Capacity: Standing = 257 / Seated = 125

  • Tables and chairs

  • Limited use kitchen

  • Stage

  • Video screen

  • Bathroom

  • Wheelchair accessible

  • Heating and shoveling (Heating surcharge applied October - April)

  • Discounted rates available to VIA Members.

  • No Single-Use Plastic Items Are to be Used at Events




For more information please contact the Village Association at

bottom of page